Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM[_1_] TammyM[_1_] is offline

Default My Disgustingly Healthful Homemade Bread Machine (ABM) Bread Mix

>TammyM > wrote:

: <snip> I once spent nearly 10 minutes
>: looking for a loaf of bread in my local grocery store that didn't have
>: hydrogenated fat and/or high fructose corn syrup. I did find **one**
>: brand (I think it was Milton's?). But at the cost of supermarket
>: bread, I'll make my own. And I get to enjoy the lovely aroma of bread
>: baking. Yum!

On 14 Jun 2006 05:34:01 GMT, Thelma Lubkin >
wrote:
> I bought a loaf of bread in my local market yesterday with
> with total ingredient list: flour, water, salt
> [It's a sour dough, so made without added yeast]
> It's made with white flour, but given the rest or our diet
> we will not be nutritionally deprived.

<snip>

Wow! Lucky you! Were that only the case here -- and I admit, it was
only one grocery store in which I looked (Albertsons). Perhaps I
would have fared better in one of the more upmarket stores. But then
again, I am quite enjoying my homemade bread, so why bother?

TammyM

--thelma