Posted to rec.food.cooking
Thelma Lubkin Thelma Lubkin is offline

Default My Disgustingly Healthful Homemade Bread Machine (ABM) Bread Mix

TammyM > wrote:

: <snip> I once spent nearly 10 minutes
: looking for a loaf of bread in my local grocery store that didn't have
: hydrogenated fat and/or high fructose corn syrup. I did find **one**
: brand (I think it was Milton's?). But at the cost of supermarket
: bread, I'll make my own. And I get to enjoy the lovely aroma of bread
: baking. Yum!

I bought a loaf of bread in my local market yesterday with
with total ingredient list: flour, water, salt
[It's a sour dough, so made without added yeast]
It's made with white flour, but given the rest or our diet
we will not be nutritionally deprived.

As to the bread recipe posted: I would be much more interested
in a version that left out all the sugar, substituted rolled oats for
the oat flour and chopped walnuts for the walnut meal.
I do not like sweetness in bread [which makes whole wheat
flour itself a bad choice for me] until it gets so pronounced
that you'd call it coffee cake, and that I like a lot.
--thelma
: :-)

: TammyM
: Sacramento, California