Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM[_1_] TammyM[_1_] is offline

Default My Disgustingly Healthful Homemade Bread Machine (ABM) Bread Mix

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:04:09 -0700, Anne Mitchell Young <shedevil @
aloss.net> wrote:

>On 2006-06-13 11:47:16 -0700, "TammyM" > said:
>
>> Sounds very good. I notice there is no salt in the recipe. Is that correct?

>Eek! Good catch..thank you! Yes, 2 heaping Tablespoons of salt (I
>guess that makes it even less healthful, right? ;-b)
>
>> And I'm guessins one finds date sugar and walnut meal in a whole/natural
>> foods-type store, yes?

>Yes, or you can just grind up the walnuts yourself.
>
>As for the other guy who posted about "what makes it healthful", yep,
>you're right..in fact you could go chew on some raw wheat and that
>would be even *more* healthful, arguably. But you have the draw the
>line somewhere.

I think your recipe sounds great. I once spent nearly 10 minutes
looking for a loaf of bread in my local grocery store that didn't have
hydrogenated fat and/or high fructose corn syrup. I did find **one**
brand (I think it was Milton's?). But at the cost of supermarket
bread, I'll make my own. And I get to enjoy the lovely aroma of bread
baking. Yum!

:-)

TammyM
Sacramento, California