Posted to rec.food.cooking
Anne Mitchell Young Anne Mitchell Young is offline

Default My Disgustingly Healthful Homemade Bread Machine (ABM) Bread Mix

I just posted this over at my raw food site (which just goes to show
how non-militant a raw food site it is :-) ):

Annie's Disgustingly Healthful Homemade Bread Machine Bread Mix

(Makes enough for several loaves)

5 pounds bread flour
5 pounds whole wheat flour <b>minus 4 cups of the whole wheat flour</b>
3 cups oat flour
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 cup walnut meal
2 cups date sugar
1 cup powdered milk
6 Tablespoons powdered egg replacer

Mix all ingredients really well (we put it in the bottom of a big
container and then use a hand-held electric mixer on it!)

To make bread, put in your bread machine:

3 1/2 cups bread mix
1 1/3 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 teaspoons (or 1 envelope) yeast

You can also add 1-2 Tablespoons of oil to this, although we don't.

Bake in bread machine <b>using the whole wheat or whole grain</b> setting.

or it will not rise properly</b>

--
I am: Mom, Attorney, Professor, and - yes - *that* She Devil
Personal: http://www.MangeMerde.com | Fathers Rights: