Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig biig is offline

Default Weird Question......Asparagus

> > I've never baked asparagus before; only steamed.
> >
> > Should I steam it first or do you think I can just go ahead and bake
> > it? If I just go ahead and bake it, what temp do you think would work
> > best? 350 F?
> >
> > Any suggestions would be welcome.
> >
> > kili
> >

> I grill mine...over a very hot grill. Toss the asparague in oil and
> course salt, then on to the grill. Takes maybe 5-7 minutes for a lb. soon
> as grill marks and a little steam come outa the cut end it's done.
>
> There should be enough salt so the aparagus is almost pretzel like with
> salt. Maybe 3 tbsp of oil enough to just hold on the salt. I prefer
> canola oil but any oil will work.
>
> --
> -Alan

My cooking method varies with the size of the asparagus. With the
pencil thin stuff, I roast it in a single layer, drizzled with evoo,
sprinkled with sea salt, garlic granules and freshly ground pepper. The
thicker spears, I use a veggie peeler on the lower stems and parboil
them first. Cooking time varies with the oven temp. hth....Sharon