Old 09-06-2006, 03:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis Nexis is offline

Default Weird Question......Asparagus

"kilikini" wrote in message
news
I have some asparagus that really needs to get cooked TODAY. I'm thinking
of baking it in a dish, drizzling it with some lemon garlic butter and then
finishing it with a broil of breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese.

Overkill?

I've never baked asparagus before; only steamed.

Should I steam it first or do you think I can just go ahead and bake it? If
I just go ahead and bake it, what temp do you think would work best? 350 F?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

kili

Sounds tasty to me!
I love roasted asparagus, I do that at 425* f.

kimberly