Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucyspoileddog@yahoo.com is offline

Default Weird Question......Asparagus

kilikini wrote:
> I have some asparagus that really needs to get cooked TODAY. I'm thinking
> of baking it in a dish, drizzling it with some lemon garlic butter and then
> finishing it with a broil of breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese.
>
> Overkill?

I've never made it exactly like that, but with those great ingredients,
how bad could it be? Asparagus is very forgiving when you roast it --
you can use whatever temperature you're using for other food you might
be cooking. If I want it done fast I'll roast at 400 or 425, but 350
gets the job done too, just takes a little longer. Absolutely no need
to steam first. I always line my baking sheet with aluminum foil -- no
clean up required!

Sandy