Posted to rec.food.cooking
Meg Meg is offline

Default seeking advice on best method for preparing "top round steak"

I just sucumbed to the low price on two nice looking pieces of top
round steak each cut about 1.5" thick, very lean, with a moderate
amount of fat trimming the edges. In the past I often asked the
butcher to grind this cut because I do enjoy it as a hamburger or in a
meatloaf. The butcher was no longer on duty so I decided to take the
steaks home and cut it into cubes to be used in the preparation of beef
stew.
I am new to this group and I thought it would be fun to get some new
ideas about how to prepare this cut of beef. I find it to be too tough
a cut to either pan fry or broil but I am interested in what others
have prepared with success.
Thanks