Posted to rec.food.baking
Chembake Chembake is offline

Default How to create your own recipe

Mordechai Housman wrote:
> So you're saying that a dabbler can never create a new recipe that
> tastes good? (And by the way, I've been cooking for over twenty years.
> I'd hardly call myself a dabbler.)
>
> Look, I understand and agree with your dedication to full knowledge and
> experience in a subject. But the fact remains that even people with only
> meager or no knowledge in the SCIENCE of something can make
> contributions to the practical side of it. Some rather famous composers
> (admittedly, not of classical music) didn't even know how to read notes.

The only thing that is common to both is talent that is uncommon to
every body.

Indeed there are gifted people that intuitively can create music,
discover new scientific theory, or create new cuisine but the
groundwork remains the same. They have to train for it first to be
competent enough to reach the point of confidence and independent
minded. If not then how can they effectively play an instrument well
?...how can they work complex mathematical concepts ,nor how can they
be able to cook an create new cuisine?
Nothing comes from thin air, there is always an investment of time and
effort in training...The edge of this gifted people is they are fast
learner and have higher acumen for memory retention, reasoning power
and judgement if compared to ordinary people. Through their keen
intuition they have easily grasped the essence of their craft that
would have taken for an ordinary humans of their kind several years to
do the same.
We never forget, Albert Einstein, Beethoven, Bocusse etc but how many
of them exists in this world if compared to the rest of the
population?

As you claimed you had years of cookery experience, I might say that
you have reached culinary maturity to be able to do so..due to the same
reason I enunciated in my previous post

But , supposing you really created your own recipe. How original was
it, ? Is it not just a modification of existing ones?
Does it taste really good.... or.....maybe only for you only and your
family ..?

How about if other people say your customers or strangers ate it , .?

Can you do it consistenty every time you cook the quality remains the
same ...and are there any variation it its quality that fluctuates
everytime you do it?

Those things I mentioed are simple yardsticks for good original
recipe.