Old 07-06-2006, 03:50 PM posted to rec.food.drink,alt.religion.dake-bonoism,misc.misc,talk.bizarre,alt.religion.kibology
Dr. HotSalt Dr. HotSalt is offline

Default 100% Natural?

Gunther Anderson wrote:
Steve Johnsenson wrote:

Dr. HotSalt wrote:

Steve Johnsenson wrote:

http://www.7up.com/

"filtered carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, natural citric
acid, natural flavors, natural potassium citrate"

just keep tacking the word natural on the front of everything....

whatever happened to good old fashioned sugar anyway?

Too hard to synthesize.

How's that?

It was a JOAK!!11!!!

Are there any soft drinks distributed in the U.S. that use real sugar?

Apparently, the real reason is the farm subsidies pad to corn growers,
which makes corn amazingly inexpensive to produce. So corn sugar
becomes significantly cheaper than cane sugar, which is why it's
everywhere now, and why corn is the standard cattle feed now, even
though it's nt all that good for cows.

Yes indeed. **** you very much, Arthur Daniels Midland et al.

Corn isn't all that good a food for humans either; remember Chiun
forbade Remo to use it and talked about its "seductive lure".

But I have no idea if there are any major sodas that use sugar. I'd
expect that plenty of small, boutique or regional makers use sugar, if
for no better reason than to distinguish themselves from the majors.

Here in PHX AZ you can go to certain "Mexican Stores" and buy Coke
imported from Mexico; it's made with cane sugar and tastes like Coke
used to before corn sugar took over.

Dr. HotSalt