Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Mark Filice Mark Filice is offline

Default Best barbecue cookbook?

In article >, 2fatbbq says...

>Another good one is by Mike Millls(17th Street BBQ)--info
>and history both
>
>Buzz

I'll second that recommendation.

I picked up Mike Mills' book when I went to his Memphis Championship BBQ
restaurant in Las Vegas:

"Peace, Love, & Barbecue : Recipes, Secrets, Tall Tales, and Outright Lies from
the Legends of Barbecue"

It is a fun book to read with lots of history. Mills and his daughter put
cooking guidelines, tips, and a ton of recipes in there. There is also a lot
about the "BBQ philosophy" in it.

For around $13.00 from Amazon, I would recommend this to become part of your BBQ
library. For about the same price is another book:

"Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook: Recipes and Recollections from the Pit
Bosses" by Robb Walsh

Mark
"I love cats. I just can't eat a whole one by myself"