Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Pete Romfh[_2_] Pete Romfh[_2_] is offline

Default Curry Wrap--diabetic friendly

Uncle Enrico wrote:
> Ooops...forgot to say that you need to add curry, cumin, cinnamon and
> cayenne to the ground meat curry.
>

> "Uncle Enrico" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Since Nicky introduced me to spelt and gluten flours, I've been making a
> > "curry wrap." Here's the latest version of the recipe:
> >
> > The Wrap: (makes 1 large wrap)
> > 1 tbsp each of spelt, gluten, buckwheat, and ground flax
> > (grind flax seed in your coffee grinder)
> > 1 tbsp olive oil
> > salt to taste
> > ground cumin
> > ground cayenne
> > cinnamon
> > curry powder (which probably contains the above spices...but needs more of
> > them )
> > water
> >
> > Form dough into ball with some kneeding and roll into thin, round
> > flatbread. Use buckwheat flour to keep flatbread from sticking to
> > surfaces.
> >
> > Heat in large skillet with no oil until done. Try to have this done just
> > in time to wrap the curry below.
> > ----------------------------------
> > The Chutney
> > Smucker's sugarless apricot jam
> > curry powder, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin etc.
> > ------------------------------------
> > Curry:
> > Ground meat--your choice.
> > Olive oil
> > Minced garlic
> > chopped onion
> > chopped celery
> > chopped zucchini
> > A little bit of Splenda
> > Plus chopped apple, nuts, and maybe a little mango, citrus, or dried
> > fruit.
> > Ground meat--your choice.
> >
> > Directions:
> >
> > Sauteé herbs in olive oil. Add veggies. Add ground meat. Add Splenda and
> > seasonings. Later add nuts and fruit.
> >
> > Spread chutney on wrap. Fill with curry. Serve.

This sounds yummy. I'll have to give it a try.
The idea for chutney makes good sense. Way easier than making it from
scratch.
I'll have to take a shot at a diabetic-friendly version of tamarind
chutney as well.

Pete Romfh