Posted to alt.food.barbecue
hankB hankB is offline

Default Best barbecue cookbook?

Hello,a newbie here seeking to go to BBQ from grilling but not to smoking
....U wrote "torn pages and is the most weather-beaten is definitely Smoke
and Spice." Is that because U were sloppier way back or is it that U use it
the most? Which have U used the past couple of years?

--
Thanks,
Hank
"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:25:31 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:
>
> >I just posted a similar query on alt.food.cooking about cooking and all

like
> >"Joy of Cooking", a long way from barbecue. Many plunged in and shared

what
> >they use, mostly "Joy of Cooking"
> >What is the best, most used book about all aspects of barbecue,

grilling,
> >smoke cooking, smoking, barbecue sauce and all else?
> >I haven't found a good book that raises me from my naivety and ignorance
> >about certain aspects of this, as some believe.
> >I don't like Raichlen, nor Jsmes Beard. Believe it or not Beard wrote a
> >fairly extensive book about barbecue. I doubt that he entered the patio,
> >other than to stare. The small paperback from the California Culinary
> >Academy in San Francisco is a good practival guide. BBQguy likes Dr.

BBQ's