Posted to alt.food.diabetic
CATherine CATherine is offline

Default Cabbage

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 07:16:29 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>Watch that you don't eat too much of it because it's goiterogenic!

Hello. I have just found this group. I am a 60 yr old F. I was
diagnosed just last week with Type II. I am taking 14 units Lantus and
500mg Metformin BID. My fasting bg is 157. I am also Hypothyroid,
taking 50mcg, Levothyroxine.

This cabbage thing was never mentioned to me. Does this goitergenic
thing bother me while I am on Levothyroxine? I really like the cabbage
family, especially brussels sprouts. What is a safe interval between
days with cabbage on the menu?

Jolanna