Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Uncle Enrico Uncle Enrico is offline

Default Curry Wrap--diabetic friendly

Since Nicky introduced me to spelt and gluten flours, I've been making a
"curry wrap." Here's the latest version of the recipe:

The Wrap: (makes 1 large wrap)
1 tbsp each of spelt, gluten, buckwheat, and ground flax
(grind flax seed in your coffee grinder)
1 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
ground cumin
ground cayenne
cinnamon
curry powder (which probably contains the above spices...but needs more of
them )
water

Form dough into ball with some kneeding and roll into thin, round flatbread.
Use buckwheat flour to keep flatbread from sticking to surfaces.

Heat in large skillet with no oil until done. Try to have this done just in
time to wrap the curry below.
----------------------------------
The Chutney
Smucker's sugarless apricot jam
curry powder, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin etc.
------------------------------------
Curry:
Ground meat--your choice.
Olive oil
Minced garlic
chopped onion
chopped celery
chopped zucchini
A little bit of Splenda
Plus chopped apple, nuts, and maybe a little mango, citrus, or dried fruit.
Ground meat--your choice.

Directions:

Sauteé herbs in olive oil. Add veggies. Add ground meat. Add Splenda and
seasonings. Later add nuts and fruit.

Spread chutney on wrap. Fill with curry. Serve.