Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] djs0302@aol.com is offline

Default What are your favorite cookbooks? "The Joy of Cooking", "The Way to Cook"?

Kent wrote:
> What are your favorites? Especially newer favorites published in the last
> 5-10 years.
> Many thanks for any advice,
> Kent

Well, I don't have any favorites published in the last 5-10 years. I
tend to use my mom's recipe books she got back in the 60's. They're a
series of recipe books called "Favorite Recipes of Home Economics
Teachers" published by Favorite Recipes Press. There's a volume on
desserts, one for meats, one for salads, one for vegetables, one for
foreign foods, one for casseroles and breads, and one for quick and
easy dishes. Each volume is at least 350 pages and has several recipes
on each page. The only pictures are at the beginning of each chapter,
and they're all in black and white. There are no pictures on the pages
with the actual recipes.