Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Robert Miles Robert Miles is offline

Default Newish, Jewish and Bluish

"DrDespicable" > wrote in message
> I am a stranger in your country, having only recently (well, comparatively

recently) come into the family curse - adult-onset diabetes. And I have to
tell you folks (as if you didn't know) it stinketh, and it stinketh LOUD.
When I was a kid, I was allergic to every-damn-thing - chjocolate, dairy,
citrus; think of something that tastes good, I was probably allergic - but
finally grew out of most of it.

> Then, on the threshold of 40, my sawbones tells me I'm gonna ahve to start

taking these pills (hit me with high blood pressire the same visit - this is
a bedside manner?), and I have been trying to get it together. Especially
after I was inadvertently off meds for about 6 weeks, my lenses swelled up
and I thought I was going blind. Pfui. Now I have people telling me that
even if I lay off the sugary crap and watch the carbs, there are still
things (LOTS of things) that I like that somehow digest as sugar and raise
my glucose. To say nothing of all the lovely yidden goodies that are not so
healthy (some of it, I might as well be eating lard, deep fried and rolled
in confectioners' sugar)...

> Can one or some of you kind folks direct me to a site where I can get a

good cross-section of what's good (for me, anyway) and what's not? That, or
plans for Dr Kevorkian's machine. And is there anything I can turn to when
I get the madness and must have something sweet or some other kind of
munchy.

> This lack of sweeties is really making me bitter. Post here for the other

Lost Souls, or you can email me direct.

> Cheers,
> Doc

There are more answers on alt.support.diabetes . You may think about
making your own sweets
using sugar substitutes.