Posted to rec.food.baking
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default How to create your own recipe

"joce" > wrote in news:1149348504.201487.33770
@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Hi. I'm new to the group. I love to bake and I was interested in
> creating my own recipe. However, since I've never done this before I
> need a few pointers. Does anyone know of any websites or books that
> could help me with this? Thank you!

Recipe for what? That's a biggie. If you're making a bread, cake, cookie,
ect. You need to know some of the science behind what you're using as
well. For instance, if you're making something that calls for Cocoa and
baking powder or soda, it matters if you use Dutch Processed Cocoa or
regular, because Dutch Processed Cocoa uses alkalis to temper it's acidity,
so you'll need to keep that in mind with your levening agents.