Posted to alt.food.diabetic
GreekMomma GreekMomma is offline

Default Any baklava recipe that is carb friendly?

Hmmm this sounds like a problem I worked on. I cut the sugar in half and
the honey in half. Kids and family could not tell a diff. DO NOT USE
SPLENDA OR ANY SUAGR SUB When making baklava. I tired it once... hence
the term once. I also cut the number of layers in my phyllo dough on my
recipe from 26 to 20. 5 full sheets of athens brand dough is 37 gr.
carbs. Just do the math? I Figured out my recipe and it came out to
about just under 2 diabetic carbs per piece. and it was a decent large
piece. IF you want my recipe with complete measures just let me know. I
would be happy to post it.
good luck! It can be done.
Greek Momma