Posted to rec.food.cooking
Virginia Tadrzynski Virginia Tadrzynski is offline

Default for those who asked about the dolphin "fish".

"lorento" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> nancree wrote:
> > Here's a photo of a dolphin fish (not the mammal, like Flipper <g> )
> >
> > http://www.matty-j.com/images/Dolphi...Costa_Rica.jpg

> Are you sure? I think dolphin fish refer to a mammal fish.
> See here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin
>
> --
> http://www.cookdojo.com

Okay, here comes the 'Fishlady' to the rescue. Dolphins ARE mammals, this
however is what is called a 'Dolphin Fish' otherwise known as a Mahi-Mahi
($9.99 lb in my establishment) and is known for its taste as ease of
cooking. It has been yuppified to a high art form. The picture posted
matches those in my order books, this is a dolphin fish, a cold blooded,
non-mammal, FISH. <<<VBG>>>>
-Ginny