Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default What do you eat for Breakfast?

"Claire" > wrote in message
news:KOZfg.222303$7a.91198@pd7tw1no...

<snip>

> Liz you mentioned that you are Type I and can pretty much eat anything and
> that made me wonder if the diabetic cookbooks that I have are written more
> with Type I diabetics in mind? If so then I have been too hard on the
> authors and need to look more to ways I can change the recipes to work
> better for me.

All of the diabetic cookbooks I've seen are written for people with type 1
who may need a lower fat diet but not necessarily a lower carb one. Odd
because there are far more of us type 2's out there. And yet as one of my
former Endos told me, almost anything you get about diabetes that doesn't
specifically mention type 2 is aimed at a type 1.

--
See my webpage: