Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Quinn Charles Quinn is offline

Default Good "premade" recipes for a camping trip?

"Jim" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Hi folks -
>
> I am looking at preparing most of my food for a camping trip ahead of
> time, to reduce snacking on junk (which happens all too often on
> trips).
>
> I am looking for things that I don't have to keep cool, and maybe some
> things that require being kept cool ( although it's hard since I will
> be driving 1400 miles,and then fifty miles into a remote national
> forest area in Montana). If any of you experts had any recipes, (stuff
> that I could just put in plastic baggies label, and then add some kind
> of liquid) that would be great.

As for keeping things cool, stop at an ice plant, most cities have them
(look in the Yellow Pages) and get some dry ice, then put some regular
ice on top, if cooler is in shade or out of 100 degree So Cal heat you
can get 5 days of good cold, just keep the cooler closed and shaded.

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved