Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default What do you eat for Breakfast?

"Claire" > wrote in message
news:0GBfg.218192$7a.19089@pd7tw1no...
> I am starting out with breakfast menus as that seems to be my most
> difficult meal of the day. What do you eat for breakfasts?

Flaxseed porridge - tastes good, has about 6g CHO, and if I feel like a
change, the mix can be beaten with an egg to make tasty pancakes : )

I mix about 60% ground flaxseed, 30% ground nuts of some kind, and 10% bran,
with a lot of cinnamon. I make enough for 10-12 2-scoop servings at a time,
and store a jar-full in the fridge, and another in the freezer. To make,
just pour on boiling water. I sometimes stir in blueberries or raspberries
too.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004