Christine Dabney

Default Need Recipe for Coconut Cake - with Coconut *in* the Cake (not the Frosting or Filling)

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:45:20 GMT, (Curly
Sue) wrote:

>I'd like it too. :>
>
>Sue(tm)
>Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Okay folks, here it is. I haven't made this in years, so some
details are fuzzy, as in the amount of coconut I used to add to it.
The original recipe only says "grated coconut".

Christine

* Exported from MasterCook *

Coconut Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
4 ounces cream cheese
4 eggs -- separated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
2 3/4 cups flour -- sifted
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch salt
grated coconut

Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Set aside. Cream butter and
sugar together, then add cream cheese. Add egg yolks only to butter,
sugar and cream cheese mixture. Add vanilla. Alternate some milk and
1/4 cup flour to mixture, until both are totally used. Beat egg
whites til stiff, then fold in egg whites. Add grated coconut.

Put into greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1
hour.

Source:
"a co-worker"

NOTES : When I was given this recipe about 23 years ago, there was no
amount listed for the coconut. I forget exactly how much I used, but
I think it was at least a cup. Maybe more. I think I went by "feel"on
the amount to add.
This is essentially the old "1-2-3-4" cake. If you bake it in layer
cake pans, bake for 25 minutes or so.
Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0