Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Jason Tinling Jason Tinling is offline

Default Beef shoulder clod

Default User wrote:
> We'd talked about this beef shoulder clod some time back. <snip>
> It looked mighty good when he was done. I might have to investigate
> where to get one of those and give it a try.
>

> Brian

I've cooked a couple at Renn Faires in the past year. They are very
light on fat and so tend to be a little dry, but they're fairly tasty.
Long muscle fibers at varying angles, so it's difficult to get a "cross
grain" cut all the way across a slice.

If I were investing the 12 or so hours on a piece of beef of my
choosing, I'd go brisket. If you can seperate the shoulder out into
smaller pieces and smoker it hotter, faster and gp for a more
medium-rare finish it may be more tender/moist.

Jason