Posted to rec.food.cooking
Stan Horwitz Stan  Horwitz is offline

Default Philadelphia "Jam on the River" music and food.

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Today and tomorrow's "Jam on the River"
>
> In Philadelphia at Penn's Landing today and tomorrow on the Delaware
> river, look for the tall guy wearing 1994's "Jamambalaya Jam" t-shirt
> silkscreened with a crawdad playing the piano and say "Hi, Andy!"
>
> Food: Louisiana cuisine and other local CRAP. Jambalaya and beignets will
> be my treat if you spot me!
>
> It's not the same as it used to be. Back then they had three stages
> always on and it was three days entertainment. Now it's a "Captain Morgan
> rum" commercial corruption catastrophy, imho.
>
> No matter, it's a great party for the people, imho!

I went bike riding in Valley Forge National Park yesterday while you
were at Penn's Landing. I was surprised to find the park and the bike
trail fairly quiet. There were only a few people in the welcome center
and just a handful of people out enjoying the nice weather yesterday
afternoon. I wonder while. Yesterday was a great day for biking and
American history.