Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Recipe Needed: Angel Food Cake

Nicky wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>
>>We do meringues especially when we have company. I also make him almond
>>macaroons, which have some carbs from the nuts. If anyone wants the
>>recipe, I'd be glad to post it.

> Yes, please, Janet!
>
> Nicky.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Almond Macaroons

Recipe By :Janet Wilder
Serving Size : 24 Preparation Time :0:35
Categories : Cakes Cookies & Pies

8 ounces blanched almonds -- slivered
1 cup Splenda
1/4 tsp salt
2 large egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla
butter-flavor cooking spray

In a food processor grind fine the almonds with the Splenda and salt.
In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy (just before soft
peaks form) and fold in the almond mixture, gently but thoroughly. Line
a baking sheet with parchment paper and "butter" or spray the parchment.
Spoon batter onto the parchment by half-teaspoons, placing the mounds
2 inches apart. Bake in the middle of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for
20 minutes or until they are golden around the edges. Let them cool on
the parchment. Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in
an airtight container.

yield 48 (2 cookies per serving)
Notes: Instead of the parchment and cooking spray, I use a Silpat
(silicone mat). I also use powdered egg whites.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 57 Calories; 5g Fat (73.6%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 28mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat.

--
Janet Wilder