Posted to rec.food.baking
Mordechai Housman[_1_] Mordechai Housman[_1_] is offline

Default Problem with my apple pie: please help

"Claire Petersky" > wrote in message
. net...
> "Mordechai Housman" > wrote in message
>
>> I will have to look at some kosher cookbooks to see what I can
>> substitute for this fat thing. Mostly likely it will be margarine,
>> which we tend to use a lot for such things.

> I'm assuming you have access to parve margarine, which sometimes is
> hard to find. But if you have a kosher home, you're used to knowing
> which brands are available where.
>
> I think Crisco really is the solution here. When Crisco was invented,
> it meant that MOTs could finally eat pie.

I don't recall ever seeing a non-dairy margarine. Here in the Jewish
neighborhoods, where all the stores are kosher, even the ones selling
drapes, getting parve kosher margarine won't be a problem.

By the way, what does "MOT" mean?