Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Recipe Needed: Angel Food Cake

Susan wrote:

> 19 grams is so beyond my entire carb budget for a meal that I wouldn't
> do it, especially with no fat present.
>
> One similar thing that adapts very well to sugar free baking is
> meringues; spread into a 4" shell and baked, it's a great vehicle for
> all kinds of berries.
>
> Susan

We would use portion control to bring down the 19g. A 15 gram meal of
protien and veggies and an occassional 10-15g dessert are not a problem
for DH. He can bolus for it. This would be a special occassion desert as
we normally don't eat desert.

We do meringues especially when we have company. I also make him almond
macaroons, which have some carbs from the nuts. If anyone wants the
recipe, I'd be glad to post it.

Have you tried using powdered egg whites? Much more economical than
separating eggs especially for us as we don't do high fat (good, bad or
indifferent) so we wouldn't have a lot of use for the left over yolks.

--
Janet Wilder