Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.punk,stl.dining,memphis.dining
jt august jt august is offline

Default Warnings about ordering certain foods in certain cities

In article <starsabre-88E7E3.12510016052006@localhost>,
jt august > wrote:

> In article >,
> Mike Walsh > wrote:
>
> > The Arthur Treachers Fish and Chips chain used to have bottles of malted
> > vinegar available. Here in Memphis, TN, we don't have Arthur Treachers.
> > Instead we have Captain D's which does serve fish and chips, southern
> > US style. I vaguely recall seeing Long John Silvers here, but according
> > to wikipedia, some merger took place. I do recall Captain D's offering
> > the vinegar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Treacher's

> In StL, we have both Long John Silvers and Cap'n D's, and both offer
> vinegar at the table/condiments counter.

Just a quick follow-up, Penn Station Subs (chain - not sure how many
cities it is in) also has malt vinegar available to sprinkle on your
fries (which the cut in house daily, no mass pre-processed fries there,
and I really like them).

jt