Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Sherry Sherry is offline

Default Recipe Needed: Angel Food Cake

Susan > wrote in
:

<snip>

> FTR, erythritol does not cause a laxative effect nor any gastric
> distress like many SAs can. My family has no gastric effect from
> xylitol either, but I can't speak more generally about it the way I
> can about eryhtritol.
>
> Susan

Not always true - I get gastric effects from pretty much any of the
sugar alcohols! I tried something that had only erythritol as a
sweetener and.... it was no different for me than any other sugar
alcohol.

I was able to use any of the sugar alcohols for quite some time without
any problem and I guess my body decided "enough" - or I was going
through enough of a constipation period that the sugar alcohols made me
"normal" again!!!

Sherry