Melissa Houle

Default How Long Do I Roast 2 Cornish Game Hens?

Margaret Suran > wrote in message >...
> I just picked up two Cornish Game Hens, a little less than 1 1/2 lbs
> each and I want to roast them and serve them for tonight's dinner.
>
> The last time, I left them in the oven too long and I do not want to
> make the same mistake today.
>
> How long should they be roasted and at what temperature? I will not
> stuff them.
>
> Thank you for your help, MS

I generally roast gamehens at 350 F for approximately an hour, and
baste them often as they cook. I put olive oil in the roasting pan
first,then put a whole, peeled clove of garlic in and spread the olive
oil in a thin layer over the bottom of the roasting pan with it. A
sprinkle of Balsamic vinegar also makes a nice basting juice as the
bird roasts. After Roasting, I cut them apart and have half for
dinner, then the other half for lunch or dinner the following day.
Delish!

Melissa