Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.

Default Need Recipe for Coconut Cake - with Coconut *in* the Cake (not the Frosting or Filling)

Hey guys!

Our son's birthday is coming up and he really wants a coconut cake - but
it has to be coconut _in_ the cake itself (and it has to release well
from a pan - as we are doing a character cake - this is why it has to be
in the cake, and not the frosting/filling [although, if anybody has any
recipes for a coconut frosting which is smooth and pipes well that'd be
great too! - I'm assuming it would have coconut milk in it because any
other coconut product would produce a non-smooth frosting].

Hmm...coconut butter cream frosting...? :-)

Thanks!

Anne