hahabogus

Default How Long Do I Roast 2 Cornish Game Hens?

Margaret Suran > wrote in
:

> PENMART01 wrote:
>>>Margaret Suran wrote:
>>>
>>>I just picked up two Cornish Game Hens, a little less than 1 1/2 lbs
>>>each and I want to roast them and serve them for tonight's dinner.
>>>
>>>The last time, I left them in the oven too long and I do not want to
>>>make the same mistake today.
>>>
>>>How long should they be roasted and at what temperature? I will not
>>>stuff them.
>>>
>>>Thank you for your help, MS

>> Preheat oven to 450F, place trussed, seasoned hens on a rack in a pan
>> and cook for about 30 minutes or until thermometer says 170F. Let
>> rest 10 minutes then slice in half.
>>

> Thank you. Last time I roasted them for more than an hour, first at
> 400 degrees, then at 300 degrees. No wonder they were all dried out.
>
> MS

You can make up a moist stuffing mix....cut the hens in half and bake them
on top of the stuffing mix (skin side up)... very nice that way. Hell
Cornish Hens are nice just about any way.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.