Posted to rec.food.drink
[email protected] ruatango@yahoo.com is offline

Default Old Baron Otard Cognac

I received a bottle of cognac that was given to my parents as a wedding
gift in 1975. Not knowing much about cognac, I hope someone can help
me out. It originally shared a box with a huge goblet (which I have
and reads "Souvenir de la fete"). Can anyone help me determine how old
this bottle is? It looks like it was imported (the tag, whose writing
is mostly French, mentions a New York importer) but the gift-giver was
living in France at the time. I understand that cognac doesn't age in
the bottle, but how fancy/expensive is this? I'm not planning on
selling it or anything (we're going to drink it at my wedding), but can
anyone tell me about how much something like this is worth? To whom
might I go to find out more about this bottle?

Here's a photo:

http://astro.berkeley.edu/~jtwright/Otard.jpg

(the wine glass in the photo is not the goblet mentioned above -- the
goblet is much, much bigger).

thanks in advance,

jason