Margaret Suran

Default How Long Do I Roast 2 Cornish Game Hens?

kilikini wrote:

> You two are making me hungry! I haven't had a Cornish Hen in so long! My
> former husband refused to eat anything that he had to pick apart - which
> included peel & eat shrimp, Crab claws or Lobster tail. God forbid I hand
> him a bird on the bone!
>
> kili

My husband was just the opposite. He loved anything he could pick up
with his fingers and eat, unpeeled shrimp, Stone Crabs and any kind of
poultry on the bone. We also considered Asparagus and Pommes Frites
to be finger foods, because that is the way it was eaten at informal
meals when we were children. Erich died in 1991 and I seldom make
Rock Cornish Hens any more.

Victor Borge, the great Danish comic pianist popularized the little
birds when he bought a farm and raised them. They were smaller at
that time, or at least I think so, just a pound and now they are as
large as two pounds. MS