Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
William Frazier William Frazier is offline

Default Using beer bottles for Individual serving bottles of wine

Brad - I do this all the time. When I put wine in a barrel I also put up 6
or 12 twelve ounce beer bottles of the same wine to use when I top up the
barrel. I fill the bottles full to the top lip...no air space. Crown
capped beer bottles are an excellent container. I have beer that's a year +
old (bottle conditioned) that's in great shape...had two tonight while
tending the BBQ.

Bill Frazier
Olathe, Kansas USA

.. .