Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Traeger vs. Louisiana wood pellet grills

"WhansaMi" > wrote in message
> Hi everyone. I'm new here, although, looking through the archives, it
> looks
> like you guys have some great recipes, so I think I'll stay subscribed!
> :-)
> With luck, we'll have some of our own to share soon.
>
> We would like to get a wood pellet grill, and are trying to decide between
> the Traeger Deluxe and the Louisiana Greenwood. Most of the reviews I've
> found have been about the Traeger, and they are quite good, so I'm
> inclined
> to go with the "tried and true". My husband, OTOH, said he read that the
> Traeger auger can get blocked, and that the Louisiana has a design that
> addresses that issue. He also doesn't like the black metal, he wants
> stainless steel.
>
> Can anyone chime in on this? Any satisfied customers of either? Any
> people
> who wish they hadn't bought it/them?
>
> All information is greatly appreciated.
>
> Sheila

I have used a Traeger for over two years and never had a problem with the
auger. The units are not grills (although Traeger now has a pellet grill
available), they are barbeques or smokers - all indirect.
Customer Service has been excellent.

John in Salinas, CA