Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default Using beer bottles for Individual serving bottles of wine

Brad wrote:
> I've been considering purchasing a bottle capper and using empty (clear)
> beer bottles to store some of my wine. I still intend to use the traditional
> bottle and cork for the majority of the batch, but I like the idea of a
> "serving size" bottle.
>
> I would of course bulk age my wine before hand.
>
> Has anybody tried this that they are willing to share their experiences with
> it?
>
> Brad

Yeh, it works fine, probably better than corks. You'll never look
back.

The bottle caps are cheaper, and you avoid over consumption by not
having an opened 750ml bottle to deal with if it's just you having a
glass of wine or two.

I use green heineken bottles that are not twist-off.