Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Reconstituted dried tofu:better than the real thing

George > wrote:

>The Bubbo wrote:

>> Where do you get dried tofu? I love tofu and I love the idea of reconstituting
>> it with a marinade. My complaint about regular tofu is that it goes off so
>> quickly and when it goes bad it's an awful, stomach churning smell.

>Just experienced that about an hour ago. There was half a cake covered
>with water in a snap top container in the fridge that was forgotten for
>a few weeks. I have a strong stomach but that has to be one of the
>nastiest smells ever.

A few weeks it too long, but I have no trouble keeping tofu
for 7 to 10 days. It just needs to be put in a clean container
with fresh water.

Also, there are brands of tofu that sell in smaller-sized units.
Wildwood has a 8 oz package of tofu, for example.

Steve