Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default Reconstituted dried tofu:better than the real thing

The Bubbo wrote:

> I missed the original post on this...
> Where do you get dried tofu? I love tofu and I love the idea of reconstituting
> it with a marinade. My complaint about regular tofu is that it goes off so
> quickly and when it goes bad it's an awful, stomach churning smell.
>
> tia

Just experienced that about an hour ago. There was half a cake covered
with water in a snap top container in the fridge that was forgotten for
a few weeks. I have a strong stomach but that has to be one of the
nastiest smells ever.

A good solution if you want to keep tofu on hand is to buy the one that
is packed in a "tetra pak". There is very little water and no air
voids. The brand I usually get is made by "Mori-Nu".

http://www.morinu.com/