PENMART01

Default Buying food in DC for a meeting/conference thing

>Siobhan Perricone writes:
>
>I'm going to DC April 22nd, and attending a retreat of sorts. We'll be
>buying a buncha food for the retreat on our way out to the house we've
>rented. There will be eight of us for sure, possibly ten max.
>
>I have a Costco membership, and we're intending to stop there to buy stuff.
>Costs matter, less expensive is better. I was wondering if any of you had
>suggestions for other places to shop that would give us the same sorts of
>things we can get at Costco.
>
>I was also wondering how much baby back ribs and frozen chicken wings are
>there. Here I pay $14 for ten pounds of wings and $3.99 a pound for the
>babyback ribs. I want to make ribs and wings one night, but not if I'm
>going to be paying a lot more for the food.

If you're conserned about cost perhaps you should reconsider your menu, those
items (ribs n' wings) are very expensive considering how most is waste. A
pound of ribs green weight cooks up to barely an appetizer for an adult, wings
fare worse... and most normal folks wouldn't want to make an entire meal of
foods with so high a fat ratio. It would be more economical and prudent
serving porterhouse steak.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon