Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Anon[_3_] Anon[_3_] is offline

Default maple syrup candy troubles

Hi all. I'm trying to make pure maple syrup candy and can't seem to get
it to set! I've made it before many years ago with no problems, but for
some reason I can't seem to make it work. I heat the syrup to 240
degrees, then take it off of the heat and let it cool to approximately
200 degrees before stirring. I then stir until it starts to thicken and
pour into candy molds. It never crystallizes. It just stays like a
thick reduced maple syrup. Any suggestions??? I really want some maple
syrup candy! I've tried both grade a and b.

Much thanks!