Jay

Default Best Reality TV Show EVER

"The Magnificent *******" > wrote in
message ...
> http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcas...074310,00.html
>
> Nothing like a pre-op transsexual to liven things up....

Yeah, and shows like this trivialise trans lives and identities. It
contributes to the already widely held belief that it's okay for folks to
beat and kill trans people who don't reveal their birth-sex (usually as a
strategy to avoid beatings and murders.)

Excuse me if I find current media exploitation of 'gender trickery' to be in
incredibly bad taste. But then again, what reality TV could be classified as
good taste?

http://transyouth.net/

http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwen_Araujo

http://www.ftmi.org/Hist/Bran/bran.bkgr.html

http://www.hrc.org/newsreleases/2003...ransgender.asp

Nothing like hate crimes to kill the mood....

-Jay