Posted to rec.food.cooking
Glenn[_3_] Glenn[_3_] is offline

Default 4yr old Pinto Beans..cooking time?

Thanks to all the replied...

Sorry for not getting back until now. I have a relatively new PC and
the Outlook program, in the middle of this thread, decided that I
needed to register it for me to continue using it! Ugh!

Anyway, have a new newsreader now and just wanted to update.

I ended up feeding some of the beans to our dogs and composting the
rest. As one person stated that our elavation combined with the age of
the beans could conspire to make the beans bad. After several (at
least 4, possibly 6, can't recall) hours of cooking, the pinto beans
were still crunchy

Thanks again for replies

~Glenn

On Wed, 17 May 2006 21:10:24 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet