Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Assam tea from Taiwan

I just got a bag that says so. The PinYin is Assama with the three
Chinese characters for Assam. The bag says 'Product of Taiwan'. The
company is Trojan Food Stuff with website http://www.bmx.com.tw which
doesn't say much at all. The bag is 600g nitrogen pack for $10 cheap
for any tea from Taiwan. It is an oxidized black tea making it the
first I've seen from Taiwan. The brewing instruction is 3 liters of
water for 12 minutes. I guess it would be possible to ship Assam to
Taiwan for packaging. It would be the first imported tea I see for
explort from Taiwan. It does has the typical Indian signature of more
taste than aroma which quickly disappears in the throat. Or a real
Taiwan tea I've never seen before.

Jim