Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default Best pork roast ever

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> readandpostrosie wrote:
> > ed,
> > why a cast iron skillet?
> > do you turn the meat while its cooking in the oven?

> Cast iron takes oven temps well, which is why many use cast iron
> skillets when they need a small roasting pan. And you can use the same
> piece of cookware to brown the meat and roast it... also makes it easy
> to turn the dripping's into a gravy.

It's just plain convenient. :-)
I have a Griswold #14 and it's large enough to do a turkey in.
Easy to clean and cuts down on the number of pans needed for prep stages.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson