Brandon Van Every

Default microwave a runny egg yolk?

DJS0302 wrote:

> By the time you go to all that trouble you could have easily fried
> them in a skillet on the stove.

But then I would have oil spatters on my stove, and a pan to clean. Plus
you have to transfer the eggs out of the pan. With the microwave method, I
can cook the eggs right on the dish I'm going to eat off of. And, no extra
oil in your food, if you care about that (I don't). One less thing to clean
(matters to people who don't have a dishwasher.) Plus I'm not sure, but
even with the futzing the cooking time may be faster. And, if I can perfect
the egg whites part of the problem, the cooking will be perfectly
controlled. I'll always know it's exactly 2 minutes for X amount of egg
whites or whatever. I've got the time down pat for the yolks at least,
they're easy.

There is also the intellectual satisfaction of knowing how to do something
that others think can't be done. :-)

I microwave almost everything. The only things I don't microwave are things
that I boil or toast.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every