Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] zdenek.prachar@gmail.com is offline

Default China bush and Clonal bush

Hi all,

I 100% agree here. I would say clonal teas from darjeeling are very
similar/same in taste character and are missing deep character-full
taste of china bush ones. I hate the fruity/spicy sweetnes of clonal
darjeelings, it is soooo uniform and boring...
But clonal bushes are much more resistent and have better crops and
sooner shooting... So in my eyes, clonal darjeelings are strongly
commercial teas with no or very low character - but they are more and
more popular at market and its prices sometimes are horrible...
OK - I know, taste is personal thing and personal preference - so no
flame here :-) Just my opinion from more than 200 samples of 2006 FF
from darjeeling I tasted this spring and many many samples from last
years... For me clonal bush darjeeling is hard punishment of my taste
buds :-D

Nice day to all
Zdenek