Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Country Fried Steak, was chicken fried steak last week

On Fri 12 May 2006 01:45:48a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
itsjoannotjoann?

> notbob wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't consider these country fried steaks. Sounds more like a
>> swiss steak. But, those can be good, too.
>>
>> nb

> Nooo, not a swiss steak at all. I may be wrong, but I think swiss
> steak has tomatoes or tomato sauce in the gravy. Chicken fried is
> served *immediately* upon completion of cooking with a generous
> helping of gravy. The breading on chicken fried steak is always
> crunchy. Country fried is just as I described; cube steaks are cooked,
> gravy is made, then the cooked cubed steaks are placed back in the
> gravy to lightly simmer for an hour. This will tenderize the steaks
> even more. Try it, mighty good!

I don't think most people make the distinction between "chicken fried" and
"country fried". In either case, I don't like a gravy soaked crust. In
fact, I don't even like gravy on them.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬